Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lent, writing, and other stuff.

It's Fat Tuesday, also known in more fun locations as Mardi Gras, but here in German Pennsylvania it's Fastnacht day - a day for eating super fatty, sugary doughnuts. Our local gluten free bakery is offering them today, and I may pick some up today as a last hurrah.

Because tomorrow, the fasting begins. Because of my blood sugar issues, I won't be "fasting" properly, but Lent is a good time to start what I should have started ages ago. No refined sugar. Fruit will still be OK. I'm dropping diet soda again, but I have a feeling that's going to be something that I'll pick right back up after Easter.

And I'm going to commit to writing in my new book every day. Whether it's crap or not, I'm going to write. If it stinks, I can revise.

I'm also going to attempt to post here daily/semi daily, but that will be secondary to book writing.

I have a feeling that the first few days of writing, my book characters will be eating cakes and pies, washing them down with Coke Zero, and then eating candy bars and cookies...

1 comment: