Thursday, February 26, 2015

Meh...

Just checking in, really. I'm not super inspired this week, partly because I'm living in the future tense. As in, I'm tense about the future, and can't think about anything in the present, because FUTURE!!!

Tomorrow I have to drop the boys off with Gram, pick Catie up a bit early from school, and take her to a GI appointment, where they will undoubtedly tell me it's time for another unpleasant "clean out". Thankfully, I won't have to cook dinner, since we'll eat at Grams' house.

Saturday I don't really know what I have to do until evening; Jake and I are going to see a BagRock band, The Red Hot Chili Pipers at Hershey Theater, thanks to being the 5th caller on the radio!

Next week Catie is going to perform her National History Day presentation to the different grades at school, in preparation for performing for the judges at regionals on Saturday. My job is to make sure she practices, has her costume, and keep her calm.

In the next few weeks I have to try an experiment for the sake of an article I want to write; I'm going to switch my keyboard layout from QWERTY to Dvorak, to see if my 22 WPM speed gets any faster with a more intuitive layout. I cheat all the time by watching my fingers instead of the screen, so I ordered some relabeling stickers that will show both the old letters and the new ones I should be hitting. I found a free typing program that will help me train/retrain my fingers in Dvorak, so we'll see how this goes.

Sadly, all this is taking up so much of my brain space that I can't seem to function in the now. I did manage to move some laundry loads around, but the dishwasher is waiting to be emptied and refilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment