Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sleeeep






For the record, I personally don't have trouble sleeping, per se.

I have trouble with others preventing my sleep.

I don't know why, but Tristan has been very restless in the middle of the night, and the only way to soothe him is to take him and rock in the rocker on the front porch. That trek feels reeeeeally long at 2:30 AM.

I used to look forward to summer, because the whole family could sleep in (besides Jake). But I've been watching a boy while his mother works, which means we have to get up early to meet them. What this really amounts to is I need to go to bed earlier, but.... I don't wanna! :(  Evenings after all the kids are in bed are my only time alone with Jake, when it's quiet and we can relax. It's hard to give that up just to zonk out early.

At one point I was a single working mother, with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. Granted, I was living with my parents, but caring for and getting my kids to day care was on me. When Daniel was teething, I went through months of getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night. When I would get the rare night of 7 or 8 hours, I would come into work feeling so dynamic, I could take over the world! I scared people on those days.

I just want the scary energy again! I'm so tired today, I feel like I could ar, .usssssbphktepmkww.... snort... whaaa?

No comments:

Post a Comment