Sunday, June 14, 2015

Girl stuff

I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). It causes hormonal imbalances that lead to irregular menstrual cycles, infertility, odd hair growth, weight gain, and depression. Thankfully I'm on a very effective treatment regimen that keeps me relatively normal... when I'm not pregnant or nursing.

And that's the thing. I've been doing extended breastfeeding with Tristan, who's 2 1/2 now. I nursed all my kids that long, but with the older two my cycle returned at 15 months - I have awesome hormone suppression powers when I nurse. However, with Tristan the 15 month mark came and went without even a comma, let alone a period. I was starting to get concerned that my medication would have to get changed to make my body come back to normal.

Um... I'm back to normal!

Gross, but a reason for rejoicing! It's such a relief when my body is functioning as it should.

And it's nice that my Diva Cup has a purpose again.

No comments:

Post a Comment