Monday, March 30, 2015

Bikey fun

I had a few errands to run today. I had to drop off some library books, do some banking, and buy a few grocery staples that we forgot on our weekly stock up. Everything we needed to do was do-able within 3 miles of our house, making it the ideal bike errand day, and the weather was pretty good - so we broke out the bakfiets and trail-a-bike.

It's been a while since we've done a bike errand run, and even longer since I had Daniel do any of the pedaling. Daniel started to moan about the effort, and asked why we couldn't have just used the car. I told him there were two reasons we were biking - one, for the exercise and thrift/environmental benefits, and two, because it makes a boring day of errands into an adventure!

For example, today we stopped at a playground, discovered a new Little Free Library, dropped in a community center, and found a few "treasures" (a piece of bamboo, other 9 year old boy-type trinkets). I pointed out that none of that would have happened if we had gone by car, and he agreed!

Tomorrow we have to go to a homeschool PE class that's too far away to bike, so I'm really glad we took advantage of the weather and errands today.

Even though my legs feel like rubber....  


No comments:

Post a Comment