Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lady stuff that saves you bucks

I started planning this post before the layoff/job finding, and in the general chaos I forgot about it until today!

DivaCup. Lunette. Skoon. Mooncup.



No, it's not a word association game - these are all brands of menstrual cups! In case you haven't heard of them yet, a menstrual cup is a flexible silicone or rubber cup, worn INSIDE the vagina. It collects the flow for up to 12 hours, then you empty it, rinse or wipe, and reinsert it.

I have a DivaCup, and I have to say I will NEVER willingly go back to tampons or pads - it's so comfortable and never leaks for me! (Every body is different, and some cups will fit some people better than others, so don't be discouraged if you try a cup and you don't like it - there is one that will work for you, especially from Skoon!)

I held off on ordering one of these for years, because 1) they cost between $30 and $40 on average, though they can last over 10 years, and 2) I was afraid I wouldn't be able to insert it properly.

There is a learning curve involved with a cup, much like the first time or two that you inserted a tampon, and it does require getting up close and personal with your... uh... person, but once you get the hang of it you'll want to tell all your friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment